CRPS – RSD Lawyers Palmdale
The syndrome known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) as it is also called, can affect almost anyone – young and old. CRPS is believed to be a secondary injury caused by trauma. Ranked as one of the most painful forms of chronic pain by the McGill Pain Index, CRPS is thought to be caused by damage to the central nervous system or more specifically, the peripheral nervous system. CRPS typically affects the limbs, but can occur in any part of the body. According to the American RSD Hope website, more than 70 percent of patients suffering from CRPS experience pain in the initial affected and other parts of the body. CRPS – RSD Lawyers Palmdale- You have rights, don’t be a victim.
If you have been experiencing prolonged pain that has become extremely uncomfortable or are experiencing any other symptoms like the ones listed below, it is imperative you medical attention right away. If you recently suffered a work-related injury, such as a bone fracture, sprain, dislocation or soft tissue injury, your injury may be related to the development of CRPS.
- Swelling in the affected area
- Affected area is painful to touch
- Changes in skin color and temperature
- Texture of skin may appear shiny and thin
- Abnormal sweating around the affected area
- Nail and hair growth is affected
- Coordination problems in or around affected area
- Impaired motion, tremors or jerks in affected limb(s)
Because there is not one single test to diagnose RSD, it can be difficult for doctors to conclude an individual is suffering from this syndrome. A thorough examination should be performed immediately if an individual is exhibiting any of the key symptoms to ensure a proper diagnosis.
Once an individual is diagnosed and he or she believes the syndrome was caused by a work-related injury, the employee should not wait to talk to an aggressive CRPS injury attorney at the California Workers’ Compensation Lawyers. Due to the nature of the syndrome and what little is known of it in the medical community, it can be very hard for workers suffering from RSD to obtain work comp benefits. Insurance companies will often deny or delay a claim involving CRPS simply because it cannot be proved the syndrome is work related.
At the California Workers’ Compensation Lawyers, the qualified CRPS injury lawyers in our group will work diligently to:
- Gather evidence supporting the correlation between CRPS and a work injury
- Ensure proper medical treatment is given
- Ensure talks with the insurance company and employer progress smoothly
- Make sure all filing deadlines are met
- Get you the highest amount of compensation available for medical expenses, total or partial disability, rehabilitation, and lost income
Palmdale CRPS Injury Lawyers
All of the cases handled by the skilled CRPS injury attorneys at the California Workers’ Compensation Lawyers are taken on a contingency fee basis. What does it mean when a case is handled on a contingent basis? Simply put, you won’t owe any fees until your case is closed and you collect benefits. To receive a free initial consultation with a dedicated RSD injury lawyer in our group or to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case, call (661) 202-3042 . You can also reach our group by filling out and submitting a case contact form.